Wednesday 1 July 2015

Week 5

Monday 1st June
This morning in ballet we went over our group routine and began cleaning sections, as I am in the middle I need to work on the routine in order to feel more confident when performing, Kelly pointed out that sometimes I lose my turn out so I need to keep an eye on that and work on it throughout the routine and my ballet in general. In drama Anna gave us back our edited script (to lengthen our piece out) after running these lines a couple of time with each other we then set the piece. Our drama piece is now all set all we need to do is learn our lines completely because we can then start to work on proper movement and childlike emotion within the piece. After drama we then ran our musical theatre piece a couple of time until our performance was at the level that Kelly wanted, I am still not very confident with my miming part at the beginning of the piece but I know when I’m  on stage I will be able to do it like Kelly wants me to. Throughout the piece Kelly wants us to mime bits of the song throughout, we must be nasty and quite ‘bitchy’ throughout to give the right vibe of our dance. After MT we ran through the fan dance briefly I hadn’t learnt this yet so I had to quickly learn it and join in, the choreography isn’t too hard, my favourite part is the beginning char section where we also have to sing, it’s a fun show girl beginning which is nice and different from any other dance in the show. In the afternoon we ran our tap number recapping and going through bits people weren’t sure on, both tap groups showed their routines, I really enjoyed the other groups routine, it was a lot more in your face then ours, it makes me realise I need to perform our routine a lot more facially and with my body language.

Tuesday 9th June
Today was mainly focussed on studio time, we were able to focus on finishing group pieces and solos. This morning I mainly focused on my solo, after Mary cut my music It was easier to choreograph as I knew what part of the songs were in my routine. With help from Millie and Imogen I was able to finally finish my solo!!! I am pleased with the choreography and very happy I now have time to really focus on cleaning my routine, there is a flick leap in my solo which I need to work on until I am confident with it, if I am not confident with it before the show then I will change it. I then went onto choreographing the jazz trio wit Millie and Tierney, this was a challenging task as there was a lot of gaps in our routine, there was a lift move where Tierney would stand on mine and Millie’s legs which we had to change as it looked messy and a bit tacky. It took us until the end of the day to finish our routine but we managed to do it and cut our music. We created a story line behind out trio which is me and Millie are hunting Tierney, I think we portrayed this very well, we now need to decide on costumes and need to begin cleaning this trio.
Wednesday 10th June
In the morning we done a run through of the show and received feedback from Mary and Kelly. They were very happy with our trio and said they really like the choreography but that It still needs to be cleaned, I’m glad they liked it that was a big confidence boost. In the afternoon we had street, we went over the routine broken down so everyone knew what they were doing, we then added formations, everyone was panicking a bit thinking we had loads left to do but after listening to the song turns out there isn’t much left to do which is a relief.

Thursday 11th June
This morning in modern both modern groups came together to put the routine together, this made it easier to learn formations and clean the dance. Kerry edited some arm sections and timings within the 2 groups. Now that we have come together this makes it easier to see the complete end result which is a relief that another routine is finished. In the afternoon we had street again as Emile wanted to clean and try to finish the piece. By the end of the lesson the piece was practically finished apart from a few transformations and formations, this makes me feel better as I can now go away and work on the bits I feel less confident with. There is a lot of energy needed for this dance in order for it to look like a good enjoyable performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment