Wednesday 1 July 2015

Show Evaluation

                                              
In this evaluation I am going to evaluate my pieces and then the show as a whole.
The first piece was group contemporary. I think we performed fairly well, I thought our spacing was off at some points but as a whole for our opening dance I thought we did well, I think the audience understood the story line and it was an interesting piece to open the show with. Going onto the Jazz trio from what I know me and Millie did (as she was dancing right next to me) we danced in unison and kept with each other through the whole piece, we knew what we was doing, although one part on the floor I bent my leg when I wasn’t supposed to but hopefully it wasn’t too obvious, overall I am pleased with our performance. After this was our acting piece, I thought this went very well, we all remembered our lines and where we were supposed to be, we all stayed in character throughout, I think our ending could be a lot stronger but am still pleased with how it went. After acting I had a very qu8ick change before ballet, I struggled with this as it was a full costume change without much time at all, once ready and on stage I thought that it wasn’t the best time we had performed that routine, especially for me it wasn’t the strongest time I feel as if my legs weren’t high enough (partly due to my tights not being on fully) and sometimes I’m not sure if I was constantly turned out. The audience so far have been quite quiet and not very responsive. Next was the street piece, for only fully learning the routine the day before I think I done fairly well, as a whole I think our group was a lot stronger than last year’s street group so am happy with our progress. Closing the 1st half was Candy Store, I think this was the best group piece in the whole show, it went very well, adrenaline kicked in on my speaking part at the beginning and I think I done that part well and had positive feedback from Kelly after for my speaking part. The dance was very energetic all the way through and we got the biggest reaction from the audience for it. In the second half my first dance was my ballet solo, I didn’t feel very confident in my costume and I’m not very confident with ballet in general, I don’t think I performed this to my best potential and was quite disappointed in myself. My ballet shoe also started coming off half way through which was very off putting. Next was my Dirty Diana solo this was a very quick change as I only had one dance in-between mine, once ready and onstage I relaxed a bit more, I thought my solo went ok I thought my turns could have been a lot better, one thing that I thought was alright was my facial expressions I thought I held good facial expressions throughout. Next was modern and I had a quick change in the wings this was very stressful, once ready and on modern went well I thought, it was a very chilled out dance which I thought we needed as it feels like it had been full on constantly. Commercial was next, I thought the beginning of this was a lot cleaner then the rest of the routine, I still think we all performed this piece well, I was a bit unsure on the timing towards the end but felt like I covered it fairly well.  After was tap, tap was lovely to perform, al6though I did pause at the wrong point but picked it right back up when I realised. Apart from that I thought we all looked very relaxed and enjoyed performing the tap piece. The final piece was the fan dance, again this was a very nice relaxed dance, it was enjoyable to perform and it seemed like the audience enjoyed it judging by the reaction we received when finished! The bows were very fun the audience were getting involved clapping along, it was an enjoyable ending.

Overall I thought this show case was a lot more successful then our last, I think we all showed ourselves off, showed our progression and I particularly enjoyed every minute of it. The audience gave positive feedback after the show which was lovely to hear And a massive confidence boost! I look forward to next year and more showcases to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment