Wednesday 1 July 2015

Week 3


Monday 11th May
This morning we had our ballet assessment, I thought my bad work went well with some muck ups but I corrected them so hopefully that is shown, in the centre work it started off well but got quite fast towards the end and I started struggling to keep up abit but overall I think it went fairly well. We then performed our ballet solos I felt mine went well I tried my best, I was abit nervous but hopefully that didn't show to much. We also had drama this morning I was given my role and sat with my drama group for the show and read through the script a couple of times. After lunch we sat our Healthy Dancer exam, I thought I was going to struggle with it much more then I did, I struggled with some questions and confused myself a bit but hopefully all went well. After the test paper we were given the chance to do solos in our spare time before next lesson, I have some good ideas for my solo and will work on executing them as well as I can. In modern we went over the show routine and added a bit more on.

Tuesday 12th May
For an hour and a half in the morning we were given studio time to work on our solos, after Mary and Kelly watched a provided us with feedback, I have got the first verse of my solo choreographed and a bit of the chorus but needs to be cleaned. We then went on to have commercial, we ran through the show routine a couple of times then Kelly began adding on. After lunch we were given more studio time for the rest of the afternoon, as Shannon wasn't in today we weren't able to continue with our duo so for the first half of studio time I worked on my solos again then during the second half of studio time myself, Millie and Tierney continued adding into our trio and progressed more with the choreography. Today was a good day with more progression on our show pieces.

Wednesday 13th May
This morning we had ballet, we didn't do any show work today just mainly focused on technique, this was the same in Jazz today mainly focussing on using the body and performing the choreography.

Thursday 14th May

In Tap this morning we ran through our show number throughout the lesson, we slowly recapped all the steps a couple of times making sure everyone knew what they were doing and to make sure we was in perfect unison, I feel like the start of the routine is the strongest part and that we should work more on other parts to bring everything to the same level of performance and technicality. In contemporary our routine was changed to one with more of a story line to go on, so far we have only done the begging of the routine but I am liking it so far. Once we learned some of the choreography we began to be put in formations and ran what we knew a couple of times in formation, so far it’s looking good and different from anything we have in the show already.

No comments:

Post a Comment