Wednesday 1 July 2015

Week 4

Monday 18th May
This morning as there wasn’t many people in we started with studio time working on our solos for the show. In this time I went through my routine a couple of times deciding where I wanted to cut my song, after making my mind up I continued with my choreography. I feel like I have added a lot of turns and pirouettes in my choreography which is a challenge for me, I would like to push myself in this routine and would like it to be a strong piece. After in drama T-J wasn’t in due to illness so me and Imogen ran through our lines learning them and trying to set our piece, we also discussed props and costumes but all these ideas are to be confirmed when T-J is well enough to come in and make decisions about our group piece with us.
Tuesday 19th May
This morning in ballet we had a very brief warmup then went straight into running the routine, we hadn’t run the routine in a while so it was good to recap before adding more on. In this lesson we managed to finish the routine and was able to run it a few times, we were also able to record the piece. Recording benefits me as it helps me to remember if I get stuck in a certain place and I can also watch myself and analyse myself and making corrections where I see fit. I enjoy this routine as the choreography isn’t too much but also creates an ‘eary feeling’, imp pleased we finished the routine today as we can now go over it and clean it in our other lessons leading up to the show. We then went on to continue choreographing and working on our solos, I was able to add on a bit more but sometimes feel like I get a choreography block and need to break to refresh my mind and be able to continue. We showed Mary and Kelly what we had of our solos today, they gave me positive feedback and also said now I have created a ‘sexy’ vibe to my solo I need to continue with that throughout, this feedback was very helpful as I know what path I am on now with my choreography.


Wednesday 20th May
Today we had commercial to start with, we warmed up, had a quick stretch then went straight in with running the dance, we broke down the dance a couple of times so everyone knew what they were doing and then ran what we knew again to confirm that everyone was at the same place. Kelly then finished the routine, the end was similar to the beginning just changed slightly. I am very happy another routine has been finished so now we can work on cleaning leading up to the show. We had a bit of time in the middle of the day to run our solos quickly recapping them and adding on, I wasn’t able to add on but worked on what I already had and began cleaning those bits. Hopefully with a longer studio session I will have my solo finished. In the afternoon we had street, during our lesson we learnt a new section in our street group piece, I feel like I am a bit behind as I’m not picking up the choreography as quickly as usual, im not sure why, I asked Emile to break down a few of the section, especially peanut butter and am feeling a bit more confident with them now.
Thursday 21st May

At the beginning of the day I had time to go over my solo and add on, I had a bit of block so asked Millie to help me, she was very helpful and got me out of my ‘stuck’ section, I am very close to finishing my routine, this makes me happy as I would like as much time as I can to clean my solo before the show as there are some difficult point in it that I would like to perform to my best ability. Today in contemporary we continued with our routine adding in small details and making sure everyone knew up to the same point as each other. I feel very comfortable in this dance, I like that there is a story line behind it and that everyone has their own parts, after half term we are to finish this routine and begin cleaning I before the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment